Homemade granola is one of the first “recipes” that I learned how to make my self. I use to buy the pre packaged stuff all the time but realized that if I learned how to make it myself it would be so much cheaper and I could customize the flavors to what I was craving that week. My first batch of homemade granola was a really simply brown sugar and cinnamon combo but now I love to get creative with different ingredients down the dried fruit and nuts isle at the store.
The combo that I came up with this time for homemade granola was almonds, coconut and cranberry. And let me tell you it was AMAZING! Harper who I cant get to eat anything, ate a big bowl of this with some yogurt and fruit which was really exciting. She really doesn’t eat very much, so when I find something she likes and its healthy I always try to make lots of variations of it so I can get her to eat! She also tried to help me mix up the ingredients for the granola, its so fun to have her in the kitchen to help me stir!
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tbsp oil
- Cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to Broil. On a large baking sheet, place coconut flakes and raw almonds and put under the broiler until toasted and slightly brown. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 300. In a large bowl mix together oats, toasted almonds, toasted coconut flakes and ground cinnamon. In a separate bowl mix together the honey and oil and then poor over the granola mixture, mix well until everything is coated. Spread out onto a baking sheet (your may need 2) and bake for 15 minutes. Stir and then bake again for another 10 - 15 minutes. Take out of the oven and then toss in the dried cranberries. Let cool and then keep in a sealed container for up to a week on the counter. Enjoy!
Do you like making homemade granola? What are your favorite combos? Happy Monday friends!